Sr. DevOps Engineer
Lenexa, Kansas – Hybrid or Remote
6 Month Contract
Visa sponsorship is not offered at this time
Senior DevOps Engineer
Bridges the gap between development and operations by assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of Cloud environments, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines, as well as automation and management of lower environments.
Senior DevOps Engineer with a passion for process automation. In this role, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between development and operations by assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of Cloud environments, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines, as well as automation and management of lower environments.
- Automate provisioning of infrastructure, including installation and configuration of third-party components, to ensure efficient delivery of stable dev, test, and staging environments.
- Design, implement, monitor, and maintain CI/CD pipelines to allow development teams to deploy solutions into dev, test, and staging environments.
- Automate additional routine tasks where possible.
- Collaborate with development teams and leadership on a daily basis to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues in lower environments and processes.
- Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency of development organization.
- Exemplify a culture of innovation, collaboration, and problem-solving.
- 3 years of strong DevOps / automation experience
- Conceptual understanding of DevOps topics like CI/CD and infrastructure as code
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP, including container orchestration offerings, infrastructure automation tools, and logging/monitoring tools.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Git and GitOps, build tools like Jenkins or TeamCity, collaboration tools like Jira, Rally, Confluence, and Crucible
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages
- Fluency with basic networking concepts
- Comfortable in Linux environments
- Ability to diagnose and resolve computer system and operational issues.
- A passion for automation and efficiency
- A desire to teach and to learn.
- Self-motivated and independent. Able to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to relay complex topics to both technical and non-technical team members.
- BS/BA degree completed or in the works.
- 6 years of strong DevOps/Automation experience
- Proficiency with multiple scripting languages
- Experience securing and managing PCI-compliant environments.
- Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with application development is a plus.