FOCUS PEOPLE IS SEEKING A SENIOR TAX ANALYST FOR OUR CLIENT IN ATLANTA (GALLERIA AREA)!
Pay: $38+ per hour
Location: Atlanta, GA 30339/ 100% onsite
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Duration: Temp to Hire, 3-6 months conversion period anticipated
Ideal Start Date: ASAP
The Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for preparing federal and state tax returns. This individual is responsible for researching federal, state and local tax law, and leveraging strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with internal teams and government officials. This individual works in a fast paced environment with tight timelines and uses his/her ability to solve problems, think abstractly, and pay close attention to detail to succeed in the position.
- Completes general tax accounting functions including research, report/spreadsheet preparation, account interpretation and analysis.
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in tax entries and reports and communicates with government officials with regard to tax questions as necessary.
- Prepares tax returns for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual filings.
- Compiles information for audits to ensure that all companies comply with all federal, state and local tax legislation.
- Collaborates on tax solutions with departments such as Supply and Distribution and Accounting to ensure that the necessary tax information is collected and the proper tax methods are implemented.
- Reads and interprets tax law and assesses the company’s policies to ensure that taxes are prepared in compliance with tax legislation.
- Responds to customer and Accounting inquiries regarding tax rates, exemptions, and taxability.
- Remains knowledgeable and stays up to date on applicable tax law and general business practices.
- Becomes proficient in tax software such as Avalara (excise tax), OneSource (sales and income tax) and RIA Checkpoint (tax research), in addition to the company trading platforms Allegro and PDI and Workday.
- Evaluates current processes and procedures and offers improvements where applicable.
- Recognizes what needs to be done in certain situations and takes action without being told. Acts rather than reacts and takes advantage of opportunities that others pass by.
• Must have motor fuel tax experience OR 4 years of sales and use tax experience.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel