Employee must speak Korean since they interact with their parent company in Korea.
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
This position is responsible for all aspects of the accounts receivable process from daily preparation and depositing of check coming in directly to this office, cash application, A/R, Invoice, and credit memo balancing, preparation and distribution of deduction information to collectors.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proficient in spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Strong self-starter and ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines given with accurate and complete information
- Must have strong organizational skill, detail oriented and a Team player
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities
- Bilingual – English/Korean
- Candidate must be proficient in basic accounting skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 or more years’ experience accounts receivable
- Experience in either public or private accounting environment (or a combination of both) with emphasis on financial reporting and internal controls work preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Experience/Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of Products, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Daily pulling and update of bank reports on cash received.
- Daily preparation and deposit of live checks received to the lock box account.
- Daily cash application and balancing
- Daily invoice balancing and printing
- Review and update manual invoices as required
- Daily balancing and update of Excel spreadsheet roll forward of Accounts Receivable
- Daily distribution of the Summary A/R, cash registers & charge back reports to the collectors
- Month End A/R processes including running monthly statements cash and A/R reports, also including Steel Aging & analysis to be given to the SR. Credit/AR Coordinator to be included in the A/R month end book.