JOB TITLE: Sales Engineer
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
TERRITORY: Located on the West Coast
The Field Sales: Rebuild/RBX/Service role works to support sales efforts to rebuild, upgrade, or sell service to customers with competitors or our company equipment installed. This employee is required to work in conjunction with the Regional Sales Managers to strategize and coordinate efforts. Consultative sales strategy using appropriate selling techniques, upgrade information and complimentary items to fulfil the customer’s needs. This role requires a minimum level of supervision or direction. Traveling to job sites to repair or inspect company equipment, the individual must be able to fill out detailed service reports properly and legibly to include make, model, serial number, all parts required to repair, and a complete description of diagnosis and suggestions. This role requires extensive travel, and the individual must be able to perform component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning if required following correct drawings and technical manual procedures. Must be able to properly and safely operate all machines marketed and serviced by our company.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talk with customers to discuss parts, rebuild and service opportunities. Territory includes Western Region of US, on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with regional managers on customer sales meetings and share information gathered from customers.
- Displays or demonstrates product knowledge utilizing actual product demonstration and catalogs.
- Plan sales activities on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis and implement achieving prescribed goals.
- Quotes prices and credit terms proposed by company.
- May be required to travel to job sites to repair or inspect our company’s or others equipment.
- Perform light services such as engineering, disassembly, assembly, or repair of blast wheels, and machines adjustments.
- Perform diagnostic and repair in the field as required or necessary.
- Demonstrate skills to other technicians and customer maintenance personnel as required.
- Prepare all required reports in a legible fashion to include make, model, serial number, complete description of diagnosis, repair work done and comments regarding future repairs that may be necessary.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations performing work on all job sites, each site may be different.
- Conduct yourself in the presence of customers to present a professional image.
- High School degree or GED. Prefer some engineering education.
- 3 years as a service technician with blast machine or engineering experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Requires technical certifications necessary to meet company requirements.
- 10 years of experience or equivalent. In areas of technical repair.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to acquire a passport.
- Have a basic understanding of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations.
- Communication skills necessary to work with management, customers, and co-workers.
- Possess the technical knowledge to diagnose and repair customer and company specific equipment.
- Possess the ability and skills to conduct training courses.
- Proven experience in sales; experience as a sales coordinator or in other administrative positions will be considered a plus.
- Proficiency in English – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The ability to read and interpret engineered drawings.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or stand for prolonged periods of time in an office or field setting.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Attends meetings or performs duties outside normal office hours (8-5).
- Ability to work well with high volume of stress.
- Requires availability to work overtime when needed with little or no notice.
- Flexibility to occasionally perform tasks outside of the general job description.
- Travel up to 75% and may be required to travel on short notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.