Principal Engineer – Sr. Software Architect
Duluth or Atlanta – Hybrid
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for enabling cloud transformation and execution for the company’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/he must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Technical responsibility of architecture roadmap and vision of the Customer Domain
- Lead the development and build out of the unified commerce systems for the entire domain.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal solution, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management in order to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Lead design and architecture discussions for IT platforms engaging with other staff engineers, engineering teams across different business units to ensure secure and scalable solutions
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 12+ years’ experience in software engineering & technology
- Experience in design and building Customer enabled systems like Customer 360, centralized Customer Account Management is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills.
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Experience in enterprise level software development experience (non-academic) with demonstrable experience in Java, REST, SOAP, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, NoSQL, Containerization and Security
- Experience in building and operating applications running on Public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) including DevSecOps practices
Must possess experience running high throughput low latency end user facing Microservices.
Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience