Job Opportunity: Permit Technician
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Temporary/Contract
Estimated Duration: Long Term Temp
Hourly Pay Rate: $24.00 per hour
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Onsite: 100% Onsite initially, potential for hybrid after training
Parking/Transportation: $40 monthly parking or MARTA
Join our clients team in Atlanta and contribute to public safety by ensuring compliance in construction projects. We are seeking a dedicated Permit Technician with a meticulous eye for detail to play a key role in this critical endeavor.
As a Permit Technician, you will undertake comprehensive reviews of construction applications and plans to ensure they meet the highest safety standards. Collaborating closely with the Chief Inspector, you will contribute to the protection of lives and property by ensuring strict compliance with codes and regulations.
- Thoroughly review permits, plans, and drawings to ensure alignment with state and national codes, regulations, and laws.
- Collaborate with plan review colleagues to evaluate chairlift and elevator plans for adherence to relevant codes and regulations.
- Apply your expertise to assess compliance in both new and existing structures, including boilers/pressure vessels and carnival/amusement facilities.
- Manage the processing of third-party elevator inspections to ensure building safety.
- Interpret and provide valuable guidance on adopted Rules and Regulations, national standards, and local jurisdictional requirements to various stakeholders.
- Assist field inspectors, architects, engineers, contractors, and the public through effective communication via telephone and email.
- Oversee administrative responsibilities related to case management, permit processing, and document management for ongoing projects.
- Foster positive relationships with architects, contractors, and the broader community.
- Act as a reliable backup for various projects, including new initiatives, commercial alterations, elevator installations, and renewals.
- Demonstrate flexibility by taking on additional duties as needed to support the team’s mission.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of applicable laws, rules, and regulations that impact specific licensing areas.
Education & Experience:
Minimum qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND a minimum of one year of relevant experience.
- Associate’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND a minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in permitting, project management, and compliance is highly valued.
Temporary/Contract Role Details:
This is a crucial temporary role with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on public safety. The estimated duration is long term, and the role offers an hourly pay rate of $24.00. The initial work schedule is Monday to Friday.
The position is based in Atlanta, GA, and is 100% onsite initially, with the potential for a hybrid arrangement after training. For onsite employees, parking is available for $40 per month, or the MARTA transit system is accessible.
If you are passionate about safety, detail-oriented, and dedicated to contributing to the well-being of communities through compliance, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Your expertise will play a vital role in enhancing public safety standards and ensuring construction projects meet the highest quality standards.