Supervises a team of 8-10 IT professionals that define, develop, and maintain information systems within the organization. Reports to IT Manager.
Under limited supervision, ensure the the agency's applications operate effectively and efficiently. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising, guiding, and instructing the day-to-day operations of the staff. Ensures stated services and efficiency goals are met. Serves as a high-level subject matter expert, providing authoritative guidance for professional staff and supporting the software life cycle for the agency’s applications, emphasizing activities and task prioritization.
This position will manage a team of 8-10 software engineers, product software engineers, and support specialists responsible for the agency applications and work with multiple applications.
This role may serve as Custom Applications Operations Team Lead/Supervisor.
- Lead and manage a team of IT consultants/staff by providing guidance, support, and training as needed.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of the IT team, ensuring that support requests are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and implement best practices to ensure our IT enterprise applications are supportable and
- Ensure that customer SLAs are met on a daily, monthly basis.
- Evaluate and recommend software solutions to improve the ability to support the agency’s IT enterprise applications.
- Work with other teams and offices to ensure that the IT support team is providing the necessary support to meet the needs of the agency.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot technical issues and guide the IT team in resolving complex technical problems.
- Interview candidates and hire qualified individuals to fill open roles within the department.
- Generates daily, weekly, and monthly reports requested by both internal and external clients and the agency IT Management
- Develops and mentor staff to a high level of competency.
- Handles issues of a highly technical nature and challenging calls from clients
- Participates in defining key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the function and process. Continually monitor KPI performance and identify improvement opportunities, ensuring groups resolve tickets.
- Monitors staff performance and schedule adherence to improve efficiencies, identify training opportunities, and ensure proper coverage.
- Remains current on internal procedures and external client requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and information Technology or a related field
- Technical certifications preferred.
- Five (5+) years of experience in an IT management role, IT technical lead role, or Project management role
- 5+ years of experience supervising or leading a support team.
- Experience in custom applications or Experience with customization in Commercial-off-the-shelf (COST) products
- Developed applications in .NET technologies with Kendo UI Telerik, C#.net, Web API, REST API, JSON, SQL Server, Oracle, XML, HTML5, Angular JS
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM
- Experience Work with products management tools such as MS Visual Studio Team (TFS) server using Agile (SCRUM)
- Ability to resolve issues and exhibit strong initiative.
- Excellent planning, training, and follow-up skills and analytical abilities
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.