Job title: Electrical Engineering Manager
Job type: Direct Hire
Location: Union City, GA
Direct Hire opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineering Manager professional with 10+ years of Electrical Engineering or comparable experience within the OEM (Machine Building) Industry and 5+ years of Management experience.
Electrical Engineering Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls the Electrical Engineering processes from pre-contract sales support through customer acceptance of deliverables to meet quality, schedule, and cost commitments and targeted contract profitability while providing worry-free customer experiences either personally or through subordinates.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following:
- Concepts and practices in electrical systems fabrication and installation.
- Design and troubleshooting, including 240V/480V/575V 3-phase primary voltage systems, 120 VAC/24VDC control voltage systems used within the industrial equipment manufacturing industry.
- Electrical design, implementation, troubleshooting, motor controls, PC/PLCs, industrial networks, electrical power, and motor control (starters, VFDs, DC), instrumentation, and mechanical systems.
- Familiar with programming software and control system platforms; primarily, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, Factory Talk View Studio
- Demonstrated experience planning, scheduling, and controlling departmental assignments.
- AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs department activities to design new electrical products, modify existing electrical designs, improve production techniques, and develop electrical test procedures across multiple projects.
- Develops, implements, and maintains plans and procedures of the Electrical Engineering Department to support and continuously improve quality, schedule, and budget commitments to customers to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develops positive relationships with customers, consultants, end users, and suppliers for support and collaboration. Maintains healthy relationships with internal departments and offices.
- Develops and maintains quality and quantity of staff to meet the needs of the marketplace through training and performance management while meeting utilization and project application targets.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts and extends departmental capabilities beyond the company’s direct influence. Uses outsource resources effectively.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve electrical market position and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Manages staff and departmental expenses to meet budget goals.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and provides feedback relating to the preparation of department budget and budget requests.
- Manages two non-supervisory employees in the Electrical Engineering Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of said unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE (Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering)
- 10+ years Electrical Engineering or comparable experience within OEM (Machine Building) Industry.
- 5+ years Management experience.
- Preferred: Professional Engineer (PE)