Are you an accomplished Education Account Manager highly experienced with K-12 Higher Education furniture sales and consultation looking for your next opportunity? Must have Prior hands-on experience with AutoCAD14 and Cap 2020 studio…this might be the perfect job for you!
The Account Manager is expected to identify K-12 and Higher Education opportunities, develop
business relationships and secure business to help our clients accomplish their objectives
Responsibilities include extensive interaction with end users and design firms, coordinate
furniture specifications and drawings internally with design team, effective presentation of
alternatives and securing business opportunities in support of the overall CE strategy. The
individual will manage multiple accounts and be responsible for key activities with each client
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. An equivalent level of experience will also be considered.
- Interior Design experience preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 3 years of K-12 and Higher Education furniture sales and consultation experience required
- Familiarity with primary open and closed lined vendors approved on GA State Contract
- Prior hands-on experience with CET, AutoCAD and CAP software preferred
- Proven ability to research potential clients and develop an effective sales strategy
- Selling skills, including account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of a CRM platform preferred
- Strong professional initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and the required follow-up
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete assignments with a sense of urgency
This is what you will do:
- Actively network in the market with a focus on K-12 and Higher Education opportunities with new and existing clients, public & private Institutions, A+D firms, Real Estate and contractors.
- Act as subject matter expert for state contract and other available Group Purchasing Organizations
- Meet or exceed established financial targets with respect to sales and gross profit margin
- Engage with clients from the beginning of the sales cycle through project completion to help ensure client satisfaction; be responsive to customer inquiries and requests for information
- Guide the strategy for assigned accounts to achieve volume goals through the development and
- maintenance of long-term relationships with select customers, ensuring long-term customer
- Qualify potential clients, plan sales approach and partner with Marketing to refine presentations
- Coordinate and Develop plans/product specifications from concept to completion while working
closely with the Design and Project Management Teams
- Prepare/review each proposal and secure client approval to initiate transaction
- Manage backlog with team per account/project to ensure billings are timely
- Provide timely updates to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
- Manage communication between leadership, Design, Project Management, Marketing and
- Customer Care Teams.
- Participate in project meetings as well as weekly Sales meetings
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives