As a Due Diligence Analyst you will be responsible for reviewing company’s current and future investment product and sponsor needs to review and evaluate for inclusion on the platforms. This critical role is responsible for completing these reviews within regulatory rules and guidelines to protect not only the firm, but also the advisors and their clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related fields
- Minimum of two years’ proven and demonstrated experience in due diligence
- Two to four years’ experience in financial analysis or alternative investment due diligence
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills (grammar, writing, and editing) to interact professionally with individuals both within the firm and outside representatives for professional interaction with executive management, product sponsors, and advisors.
- Above-average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines
- A collaborator with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the department as well as support interdepartmental positive collaboration
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply organizational guidelines and procedures within the position and the department
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with advanced Excel required
- Series 7
- Additional professional designation, i.e. CFP, CAIA
- Experience with 3rd party asset managers
- Experience analyzing and reporting on alternative investments within the broker-dealer and registered investment advisor space
- Familiarity with FINRA and SEC reporting requirements
- Evaluate sponsor and issuer organizations through interviews with executive team, onsite visits, a review of legal and ownership structure, corporate governance structure, regulatory and litigation history, business succession plans. This review is designed to highlight concerns about propensity for risky business activity, lack of segregation of liability between different lines of business, and possible risks of a change in control through business succession.
- Analyze alternative investments and investment advisory products. This includes a comprehensive review of offering documents, financial statements, market data, performance data, SEC filings, financial models (testing of proformas), organizational and governance documents, advisory agreements, leases, tax opinions, selling agreements, and other legal documents. Based upon review, draft report that discusses structure of investment and highlights material considerations related to issuer and sponsor (e.g., financial stability, performance, model assumptions).
- Sample reviews include Private Reg D programs, publicly-registered REIT’s; BDC’s’ Interval Funds and asset managers.
- Perform quarterly evaluations of sponsor and program financial statements.
- Draft comprehensive due diligence reports based upon analysis, highlighting material considerations (e.g., performance, fees, use of leverage, departure of key personnel, financial health, and pending litigation).
- Present investment analysis to senior management, product review committee and respond to questions.
- Troubleshoot outstanding product issues on behalf of DD department.
- Develop/maintain relationships with sponsors, to include updates on existing and upcoming products.
- Maintain department records of program open, close and pipeline information on products.
- Provide comparison analysis on product types and strategies for Advisors and Investment Committee.
- Collaborate with the Due Diligence team to evaluate sponsor and issuer organizations through interviews with executive team, onsite visits, a review of legal and ownership structure, corporate governance structure, regulatory and litigation history, and business succession plans.
- Evaluate alternative investments and investment advisory products, including a review of organization and offering documents, ownership structure, valuation procedures, service providers, and compliance environment.
- Ensure proper compliance protocols/procedures of company Partners are adhered to and applied.
- Analyze historical performance, financial reports, and test pro forma estimates.
- Draft reports that discuss structure of investments and highlight material considerations related to issuer and sponsor reviews (e.g., financial stability, performance, model assumptions, product compare).
- Sample reviews include private Reg D programs, publicly-registered REITs, BDCs, interval funds, and asset managers.
- Maintain and update due diligence of products that have been previously approved.
- Develop/maintain relationships with sponsors to include updates on existing and upcoming products.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of department records related to program reviews.