Director of Payment Services
Woodmore, MD – Hybrid
$170k – $194k
Searching for a Director of Payment Services to oversee the management of the daily operations of the Payment Services Department (which includes ATM, Debit & Credit, ACH, and Checking transactions. This position will act as a functional expert on all payment related services including initiatives and projects relating to these operations. It will be knowledgeable of the Payments Industry including mobile payment systems, Visa Network, ACH, and Federal Reserve. It will have a solid understanding of association rules (MasterCard, VISA, AMEX, and regional PIN networks). This position will also be responsible for compliance with policies/procedures and regulatory requirements for applicable functional areas and has an awareness of regulatory requirements for the banking industry in general.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Adheres to policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to Reg D, Reg E, Reg Z, Bank Secrecy Act as well as Federal Reserve, ACH, UCC and other regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Manages all payment services and delivery processes to ensure and optimize the best possible member experience and appropriate use of organizational resources.
- Manages productivity, income, and profitability of all payment-related programs.
- Manages the disputes and resolution process to ensure the company complies with all applicable laws and regulations, while also optimizing member experience.
- Oversees daily operations and ongoing management of the Card Services Department, ACH and Checking departments.
- Evaluates the global cards payments program and performance. Implements changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains fraud risk management programs and procedures in conjunction with Compliance Team, as it pertains to Credit Cards, Debit Cards, ACH and Checking activity.
- Monitors daily processing of work performed by internal team to ensure deadlines are met, goals are accomplished, and in compliance with regulations.
- Reports on the Visa Network activity, including tracking trends and timelines, losses, monitoring activity, as well as weekly and periodic formal management reporting and benchmarking.
- Interacts with management and project teams for implementation of new and maintenance of existing products and services, including procedure development and problem resolution.
- Works with payment related vendors to ensure that the company is utilizing the best services while being cost effective.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for the Payments Team and other related areas of the company.
- Assists members with problems or handles complaints to maintain positive member and staff relations.
- Responsible for supporting the ongoing operations of all EFT activity including but not limited to wires, ACH, share drafts, ATM, mobile deposits, shared branching and P2P.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for EFT services for internal users and members to ensure that all service requests are addressed within established time requirements and follows organizational policies.
- This position provides technical, functional, and operational support to staff and members regarding EFT services and is responsible for supervising the payments team and interacting with other departments and vendors.
Education and/or Experience
- Relevant four-year degree or university program certificate
- Minimum of seven years of management experience in Card Services industry