FOCUS OF GA IS SEEKING A LOGISTICS CUSTOMER SERVICE – AIR & OCEAN EXPORT AGENT FOR OUR CLIENT IN MOBILE, AL!!
Pay: $45,000-50,000 annually
Duration: Direct Hire, perm position
Location: Mobile, AL 36602, role can become hybrid of in office and work from home after 90 days
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 am to pm (can be a little flexible)
Benefits: Medical-including Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Accounts, Dental plan, Life & AD&D, Long Term Disability, Company matching 401(k) and Roth K Plans, Two weeks’ vacation, sick and personal time, floating holidays, AFLAC, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Export Agent oversees all aspects of the customer’s request, including communication with the office/agent, customs, and the client. The agent ensures exceptional follow-up of export shipments and thorough internal and external communication regarding any delays. The Export Agent reports to the Export Manager and collaborates with the Manager and other Export staff to fulfill this responsibility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare quotes for customers and agents using our Quotation system; negotiate rates with carriers; coordinate shipping arrangements.
- Coordinate and arrange freight shipments with our Overseas and US agents and partners.
- Receive pre-alerts, break down documents, set up files; review documents to confirm parties, incoterms, etc.
- Check status with carriers on all shipments.
- Send shipment details to the customer; maintain customer updates.
- Organize and prepare documentation to provide to CBH for clearance.
- Dispatch truckers and arrange delivery to customer – expedited/regular.
- Notify Warehouse for bond transfer (where applicable).
- Check PODs and charges.
- Bill shipment(s) to customer promptly or forward, along with necessary back up, to the Billing Department by required time frames.
- Support and maintain the Quality System (ISO) by working closely with management, sales, and/or operations to ensure goals and objectives are met with regard to the function(s) of this position.
- Ensure adherence to procedures for any issues of non-conformance that could or do directly affect the success of the Quality System.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Knowledge of freight forwarding with a focus on air export operations.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; able to professionally communicate with Customers, Agents, and sales.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Good working knowledge Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook; freight forwarding software.
- Enthusiastic, positive and internally driven with a sense of urgency and “whatever-it-takes” attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment at all levels of the organization, or work independently with little or no supervision, to achieve results.
- Effective interpersonal skills that result in loyal, long-term customer relationships.
- Practical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints using time management and organization skills, adjusting priorities based on workload or direction from customer or management.
- Industry experience is great, but we are VERY open to candidates with no experience but would like to get into our industry field.
- 2 -3 years customer service experience.
- Bilingual is a great characteristic but is not a requirement.