Communications & Marketing Specialist
Contract Duration June 30, 2023
Atlanta, GA Hybrid (2 days a week onsite, 3 days remote)
Job Description: Under general supervision of the Chief Communications Officer or designee, will perform a variety of tasks and functions in the areas of communications and marketing.
Job Responsibilities: The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Writes content for press releases, marketing materials, FAQs, white papers, and informative documents such as annual reports, talking points, speeches, newsletter articles, social media, website, and publications etc.
- Creates messaging that publicizes and informs customers and the media of Authority programs, activities, and special events and responses to routine customer and media inquiries.
- Provides written content for social media outlets and provides editorial input consistent with the Authorities’ overall messaging.
- Produces content for publications on behalf of all three authorities and its agencies that is consistent with current branding standards and assists in maintaining said branding standards. Writes and edits articles for internal and external newsletters: researches and verifies information; submits completed articles.
- Supports the communications and marketing initiatives and campaigns for assigned departments; creates assigned copy and or content for the successful implementation of communications plans; attends various meetings and events related to department activities.
- Assists with other marketing activities and special events, which may include marketing outreach and creating marketing and other collateral materials.
- Processes a variety of documentation associated with department/division operations, within designated timeframes and per established procedures: receives and reviews various documentation, including news articles and press releases; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate; prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, and other documentation, including press packets, press releases and articles; compiles data for further processing or for use in preparation of department presentations; and maintains computerized and/or hardcopy records.
- Operates or uses various equipment and supplies in order to complete work assignments operates and maintains a motor vehicle; operates a personal computer to enter, retrieve, review, or modify data and information, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, e-mail, or other software; and operates general office or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field required; supplemented by three-five (5) years of experience in communications, marketing or public relations from an accredited college or university OR any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job. Have and maintain a valid driver’s license.