The Aftermarket Development Representative provides a proactive sales approach focused to growth initiatives tied to market share penetration. This position is not territory based and is motivated by the discovery and growth of historical company customers not currently purchasing from the company or are currently a competitive opportunity. Once the opportunity is defined, the respective territory Inside Sales representative will have responsibility for follow up and development.
- Associate degree (Engineering Field preferred).
Work Related Experience:
- Proven experience in sales and customer service; experience as a sales/purchasing coordinator in manufacturing environments will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes related to steel/metal industries a plus
- Proactive sales calling experience, non-call center related.
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Proficiency in English – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Calculate Gross Margins and Gross Margin percentages on orders and quotes. Calculate discounts on several items effectively.
- Computer Proficiency: All Office 365 elements, Microsoft Project. CRM software Experience Preferred.
- The ability to read and interpret engineering and manufacturing drawings. High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Mechanical skills with Metal processing and manufacturing processes preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to handle large volume of calls, emails and requests daily. Discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills. Exceptional communication skills with strong attention to detail, follow-through, and problem solving. Creative problem-solving skills considered a plus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Time Commitment: 40%
- Conducts research of potential customer contacts including, but not limited to:
- Historical customers with significant negative variances
- Market based research of leading manufacturers which utilize blast equipment
- Participation in market specific industry associations
Time Commitment: 30%
- Initiates contacts with the list of potential customers.
- Develops action plans based on the opportunity.
Time Commitment: 15%
- Communicates with the respective Inside and Outside Sales personnel on potential opportunities.
- Documents communications for each contact and enters information into the CRM system.
Time Commitment: 15%
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or stand for prolonged periods of time in an office or field setting.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.