Attention all experienced Accounts Receivable Manager Maestros!
Are you ready to take charge of a dynamic and crucial role in our finance team? We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Accounts Receivable Manager to lead our Accounts Receivable, Billing, Collections, Cash Applications, and Revenue accounting function.
As the Accounts Receivable Manager, you will be at the forefront of our financial operations, driving excellence and ensuring accurate and timely financial and customer reporting. Your expertise in developing and implementing accounting best practices, processes, and procedures will be instrumental in maintaining our financial integrity.
This is a newly created job opportunity in a global, well-established company. This position is bonus eligible.
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 10 years’ experience including cash application, collections, billing and revenue accounting. Minimum of 5 years management experience
- SAP experience strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- GAAP and Revenue Recognition
- SOX guidelines and procedures
- Team management and Leadership
- Process Management
- Detail oriented
- Excellent clear oral and written communication
- Dispute resolution
- Problem solving
- Advanced Excel and related MS office applications and tools
- Conflict resolution
- Business acumen
- Developing direct reports and others
Here’s what you can expect in this role:
- Manage, oversee, and report progress of the operations of the AR team ensuring effective communication, collaboration, and productivity with other areas of organization
- Provide direct supervision to AR Supervisor, support their individual development and ability to promote the development and effectiveness of their team
- Audit methods and procedures in AR to ensure continued accuracy and efficiency
- Monitor A/R Aging at customer level and prepare and develop performance metrics
- Communicate clear expectations and ensure supervisor and team are empowered to make sound decisions
- Implement and oversee annual credit limit review process for all customers
- Meet weekly with Sr Accounting Manager to give feedback on staffing, deliverables, deadlines, and overall team performance against objectives
- Develop process to manage high maintenance customer accounts proactively
- Review and approve new customers/credit limits for setup
- Oversee the review of delinquent accounts and/or payment disputes and collections on these items. Collaborate with senior management, and sales team on developing strategies to resolve any issues preventing payment.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc reporting for senior management on the status and risks of AR
- Develop process for AR team to audit customer billings for accuracy
- Monitor Unbilled AR aging and accruals for accuracy and collectability
- Prepare unbilled revenue accruals on a regular basis
- Support year-end audit
- Ensure all policies, procedures and operations are in accordance with SOX
- Represent the company’s business interests at all times in a positive and professional manner and conduct business transactions and communications in a fair and ethical manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive business information.
- Enforce company policies and follow guidelines to achieve impartial objectives and fairness.